Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lamb T-Bones and Eggplant

Recipe: Lamb T-Bones and Eggplant
Page: 185
Date Cooked: October 22, 2012

This recipe follows a pretty common pairing - lamb and eggplant. And if it's not broke, why fix it? Furthermore, the recipe includes additional typical ingredients paired with lamb - eggplant and red wine. I may be getting to the punchline early, but the recipe is simple and ingredients really get a chance to sing.

Ingredients: Onion, garlic, Zinfandel, olive oil, lamb T-bones, parsley, rosemary, eggplant, Kosher salt, and black pepper

I sliced the onion and smashed the garlic. I put Zinfandel, olive oil, and garlic in a large bowl and mixed it together. I added the lamb t-bones to the bowl and turned to coat with the marinade. I sprinkled the onion, a few sprigs of parsley and rosemary to the bowl. I let the lamb marinate for 3 hours in the fridge, turning the lamb twice.

Marinating the lamb

I prepped the grill. I cut the eggplant in half, coated it with olive oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper.

Prepping the eggplant

I grilled the eggplant halves, cut side down for a few minutes. While the eggplant remained on the grill, I patted the lamb t-bones dry and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I then turned the eggplant over on the grill and added the lamb t-bones. After a few minutes, I turned the t-bones over. The t-bones cooked until medium-rare.

Eggplant and lamb t-bones on the grill

I removed the eggplant and lamb t-bones off the grill. I let the lamb rest for a few minutes and then plated. I placed an eggplant half and two lamb t-bones (they were small) on a plate.

Lamb T-Bones and Eggplant

Simple. Simple. Simple. The seasoning was really just salt and pepper, and it worked. The eggplant was great and I loved the beautiful grill marks. The lamb t-bones were cooked to perfection - perfectly medium-rare, tender, and juicy. Like I said at the start of this post, this recipe was really about the pureness of the ingredients. I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Enjoy!

P.S. I cannot believe it, this is my 100th recipe!!! Only 15 more to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment