Saturday, June 16, 2012

Broiled Eggplant

Recipe: Broiled Eggplant
Page: 255
Date Cooked: June 4, 2012

I really like eggplant. However, it isn't often that I cook it alone. It usually is a component of a dish and never just the side. This eggplant dish is super simple and actually makes for a great side.

Ingredients: Eggplant, olive oil, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese

I cut the stem ends of the eggplant and sliced it in half lengthwise. I coated the eggplant with olive oil, salt, and pepper. I then placed the eggplant cut side down on a baking sheet and put in the oven to broil. Once the outside turned golden, I flipped the eggplant and cooked until they puffed.

Broiling the eggplants

Once the eggplant was done, I sprinkled it with olive oil, pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. It was then ready to serve.

Broiled Eggplant

See...super easy! I think the key to this recipe is to pick a great eggplant. A simple veggie side with no fuss and a yummy result.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment