Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Restaurant-Style Vegetables

Recipe: Restaurant-Style Vegetables
Page: 246
Date Cooked: July 29, 2012

This recipe is literally a combination of ten different vegetables. Each blanched separately and then combined. I do want to make a quick note: I couldn't find yellow wax beans and substituted green beans in its place.

Ingredients: Radishes, green beans, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, small Yukon gold potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, unsalted butter, salt, pepper, cherry tomatoes, basil (not shown), and rosemary (not shown)

I began by prepping the vegetables. I trimmed the radishes and quartered them. I topped and tailed the green beans. I stemmed, seeded, and cut the peppers into bite-sized squares. I quartered and cut the zucchini and yellow squash.

Prepping all the vegetables

I brought a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. I added the potatoes and cooked for about 15 minutes. I then added the radishes to the pot and cooked until both the potatoes and radishes were tender. I then drained the pot.

Cooking the potatoes and radishes

I brought another saucepan of salted water to a boil and blanched the green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli.

(1) Blanching green beans (2) Blanching broccoli and cauliflower

I melted butter in a pan, added the peppers and squash, added salt and pepper, and cooked for a few minutes.

Cooking squash and peppers

I added in all the blanched vegetables and cooked for a few minutes longer. Finally, I added in the tomatoes and chopped rosemary and basil. The veggies were ready to serve.

Restaurant-Style Vegetables

I love the picture of the all vegetables and it did look quite beautiful on the plate. However, I found this recipe to be a bit dull. It felt like a filler recipe. There just wasn't much to it. And unfortunately, that's all I have to say.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment