Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Pastry Crust

Recipe: My Pastry Crust
Page: 266
Date Cooked: May 9, 2012

It feels somewhat strange to refer to this recipe as "My Pastry Crust" when in actuality it is Jonathan Waxman's pastry crust. Regardless, this is one of the quickest pastry crust recipes I have ever seen.

Ingredients: All-purpose flour, sugar, salt, unsalted butter, and ice water

In a large bowl, I whisked together the flour, sugar, and salt. I then made a well in the middle and added the cubes of cold water and water. I used my fingertips to work in the butter quickly, until the dough formed together.

Pastry crust dough in process

I then flattened the dough into a disk, wrapped it in plastic, and refrigerated.

My Pastry Crust

The recipe doesn't encompass actually cooking or tasting the dough (that will follow in the next post). Since, I cannot speak of those items, I can speak to the process. Well, there really was no process. It took little to no time, all stayed in the bowl, no mess and no fuss.

As for the verdict on flavor and texture, that's to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment