Monday, October 24, 2011

Mixed Peppers and Onions

Recipe: Mixed Peppers and Onions
Page: 248
Date Cooked: October 17, 2011

I had some leftover bell peppers and wasn't sure what to do with them and this seemed to be a great, easy, and simple recipe to try out.

Ingredients: Assorted bell peppers, olive oil, salt, pepper, sweet onion, garlic, and jalapeno chile

This recipe encompassed roasting the peppers. So I stemmed, seeded, and quartered the bell peppers. I placed the peppers on a baking sheet along with some olive oil, water, salt, and pepper. The bell peppers roasted until tender.

Roasting bell peppers

In the meantime, I diced the onion, minced the jalapeno (after seeding it), and minced the garlic. I heated olive oil in a skillet and cooked the onion, jalapeno, and garlic for a few minutes.

Cooking the onion, jalapeno, and garlic

Finally, I placed the roasted bell peppers in a bowl, added the onion mixture, and tossed well. I seasoned it to taste and it was ready to eat.

Mixed Peppers and Onions

When I read the title of this recipe, I immediately assumed it would just be bell pepper and onions sliced lengthwise and sauteed. But this was quite different. I liked that the peppers were kept in quarters. And it looked quite beautiful in the bowl. Overall, the dish was fine. Nothing to write home about but good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment